Friday, September 22, 2006

'Nice Catch You Idiot'

This is so instructive.

Playing online at a $1/$2 NLHE, full table of ten. I'm SB and I call to three limpers and the BB, with trash.

Flop hits 6c, 5s, 8d. Ugly, even for my pocket trash. Check, check and the guy one off the button puts out a small bet. I muck, BB calls and everybody else folds.

Turn is the 4s and it starts to get interesting. BB bets, flop raiser reraises and BB calls.

River snaps down a 8s. BB bets, original raiser reraises, BB goes all in and gets the call. They both show. BB has Js7s and his foe has K7o.

The loser grumps, 'nice catch you idiot.'

Idiot? Who's the idiot?

The BB wasn't raised so he was fine staying in with suited J7. He caught an open-ended straight draw on the flop. Filled the straight with a flush draw to top and filled the flush on the river.

Bozo limped in with an offsuit K7. Then reraised and called an all in with less than the nut straight with a potential flush and full house on board.

This attrocious play was typical of the table I was at. Unfortunately I suffered from cold deck syndrome and always seemed to be rivered by some low life calling on extremely thin draws. It happens. the damage wasn't that bad as I was only down $30.

It happens. It evens out when you win a ton when you play badly.

Until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home