Saturday, October 14, 2006

PARTY POKER FIASCO

Well, I’m glad I took our most of the money in my Party Poker playing account. Since Bush signed the bill making money transactions illegal for poker sites Party Poker is now rejecting US player’s real money play. This is ridiculous, because Party Poker is a British Corporation and isn’t covered by US laws.

Worse, since I’ve had problems with Neteller’s customer service, I do all of my cash transactions through ePassporte. But Party Poker has removed ePassporte from their list of withdrawal options. I’ve moved to Ecuador, but Party Poker won’t allow me to change my address from the US to another country. So my remaining cash is stuck in Party Poker’s coffers with no way for me to access it!

I’ve transferred most of my play to Absolute Poker. They have announced that they will continue play with US customers, mostly because they recognize that the US laws do not apply to them. Hurray! There are a few Internet cardrooms that have come out in support of poker players and have realized how ineffective the US law will be. Full Tilt Poker, Doyles Room and Absolute Poker have made the strongest stances.

Party Poker has abandoned their US players and Bodog Poker has made a wishy-washy-wait-and-see statement.

For all customers of Party Poker, no matter what your nationality, I hope you see how Party Poker has treated their US players. Hopefully, you’ll realize that a poker site that would do this to us might also do it to you in the future, and realize that there are much better places to play than Party Poker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home