Sunday, October 15, 2006

Cashing in on Poker Load Bonuses

One thing I’ve ignored up to now are the effects of load bonuses on the profit potential on Internet poker. This really came to the forefront with the demise of US players play on Party Poker. Party Poker had been my primary site for play. There were some bonuses offered but they were pretty thin, and while I was happy to get them when they were available, I pretty much ignored them.

But when the Internet gaming bill hit, I moved most of my Internet Bankroll out of Party Poker in case there were problems. When Party Poker said they wouldn’t take play from their US customers any more I looked for new playgrounds.

Now, for an old time poker player, re-establishing his bankroll on the Internet, the numbers for the sign-up and reload bonuses are eye-opening.

I signed up at Absolute Poker, and they are running a new member, first deposit bonus, of 100% up to $750. The code is AP750 when you deposit at the cashier. In fact, if you want to get an additional bonus, input my email addresss: rlloydevans@yahoo.com in the “Friend Referral” box. You’ll get an extra $50 poker deposit bonus if you do that. How cool is that!!!

You have to get 100 pots raked at $0.50 to get each $10 released, so low limits won’t do. You’ll have to play $1-$2 LHE at least to have a good chance at making good inroads on the bonus.

If you are a net poker winner, like I am, you are just putting greater profit onto your bottom line. If you are a small loser, it can be a ticket to positive earnings. And if you are a big loser at the poker table, make sure you sit at may table. I’ll be happy to give you some great poker lessons… of course, they will cost!

And now I’m reading about low-limit Internet mavens who bounce from poker room to poker room, taking advantage of the different bonuses from the different poker rooms. They land at a site and fund it for the current load bonus. The blitz their playing time there, playing 4-6 tables at a time, build the points and get the bonus released. Then they shift their money to the next good bonus.

If you are a good poker player, you’ll probably make about $6 an hour playing $1-$2 LHE (about 1 big bet per hour per table, but there is going to be some slippage in that ratio because you are playing four tables at once). But at that rate you can clear another $15-$20 an hour clearing the bonus.

That’s a great way to build a bankroll.

I just finished playing poker for an hour at Absolute. I played two $1-$2 LHE tables. I essentially broke even in my play (actually an $8 win), but cleared $10 from bonus, for a net $18 win, on an uneventful, short session.

I’m living in Ecuador, and making $15 and hour is serious money here.

Okay, I can be a down-right idiot at times. Why didn’t I take more advantage of load bonuses before?

See you at the tables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home