Thursday, October 19, 2006

FRUSTRATION AT THE TABLES

The last few days have been the kind of get-no-where poker frustration times. You know the type of sessions I mean.

I had QQ and the board flopped QQ6. No action so I merely win a teeny pot.

Later I again had QQ and capped the betting with another player. The other player is reasonably strong so I think my pockets are second best here. Then the board hits 27Q! I have the nut set and we cap it through the flop and turn betting rounds. Then the K hits the river. He bets. I know I’m beat but make the crying call. He shows KK to beat me set-over-set and take a huge pot.

The good news is I’ve kept my play disciplined and I haven’t let this bad run affect my style. I’ve quite a couple times when I felt myself getting frustrated. So while the cards have been brutal, I’ve done well enough so that I’ve kept what could have been a disastrous three days and minimized my losses.

For instance, last night, I woke up in the blind with AT. Now I normally like to play this hand strongly out of the blinds, but UTG, a good player, raised pre-flop. Two other weak players called so I merely called. The flop came A23. I checked and UTG bet. I sadly mucked. One player grimly called to the river and UTG showed AK. I saved some valuable chips there.

The games I’ve been in are good. It’s just a stretch where my draws aren’t filling and my big hands are getting rivered. It happens in poker. I’m just hoping it changes soon.

See you at the tables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home